.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Books & Articles I wrote.

Monday, July 18, 2005

 

A bit about me

my picture


My full name is Steven Livingstone-Perez. I am 31, from Scotland (currently living in Glasgow), I am married and have a 2 and 1/2 year old son, Xavier. My core interests are:

I went to Strathclyde University in Glasgow, Scotland where i read Physics, obtaining a BSc honours degree in Physics. As most physicists want to improve the world in all areas except Physics itself, I had used and programmed on the web for several years before i graduated which led me to complete a Postgraduate diploma on Information Technology Systems - cut short from the MSc as I got offered a job by NatWest Bank which later turned out to be a great decision!

I was on the first Intranet and Internet Steering Commitees at NatWest group which had over 50,000 employees. I also started the NatWest Mortgages Intranet Site and my first app was an online telephone directory. I have moved around Royal Bank of Scotland, Scottish Enterprise, Scottish Executive and IBM Global Services in Winnipeg, Canada. IBM was a very enjoyable company to be part of and i was sorry it was cut short when I moved with my wife back to Chile.

I wrote a bunch of books with Wrox Press who later got purchased by A-Press and Wiley. I enjoyed writing, but got zero time to run my own ideas so i stopped writing in 2003 - it was a hard decision as i enjoyed it and the money was fairly steady. But I want to start my own business.

I was invited my Microsoft to be part of their .Net advisory commitee which was cool. I was also invited to some other groups and have been on their Alpha and Beta programmes.

In my personal life, I have been married to Loreto for 3 years and we met on MSN (very true). I flew to Canada to meet her and ended up staying. We moved to Chile and now back to Scotland, althoug our final destination will likely somewhere else.

Loreto is Chilean and speaks both Spanish and English fluently. We have a son Xavier Esteban who is two years and some months old. I live out of Glasgow, Scotland, although we have a "second home" near Vina Del Mar in Chile.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com