.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Books & Articles I wrote.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

Xslt in the modern world

Interesting discussion on Xslt, XPath and XQuery over at TheServerSide.

I posted my own thoughts.

As much as I have seen people struggle with Xslt, it has ofetn been templates and their lack of knowledge around XPath. The complain that they never know when something is going to happen, but that is usually because everything is written as "//element" and with very little control over what the template is actually supposed to match. I have often seen a single tempate matching the root and then a shed load of HTML in the middle. That's not because there is a problem with Xslt - that's because they don't get how to properly use templates and XPath.

I do and i'll keep fighting the cause (special note to my friends over at ACS!).


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com