.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Books & Articles I wrote.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

 

Application.Run(new Steven());

As of New Year I made a number of resolutions that I will no doubt point out in the months ahead. Normally I say thema nd they make no difference - this year however, i intend to actually follow them through. 2006 will be a good year - i can feel it!

My first resolution was to get som level of fitness again - not that i'm enternally unfit - it's just that when i was younger i played football (soccer) 7 days a week. I played for 4 teams and as such had a busy schedule.

So i've been running now since 2nd January 2006, with the odd day off (not 3rd, 5th, 7th and so on - just maybe 2 days off in that time). At the start i could hardly speak when i got back and that was just to get my running gear on - now i can run at a decent pace (and even pass small children riding their bikes) without killing myself.

I do feel a difference, but one of the best parts is that it gives me time to run and think... about the code i have just written. Yes, the code runs through my head so to speak.

Anyone else got a resolution they're desparate to keep?

This running is challenging, but as my other resolution is to create some software that gets even Google's attention (yes, work in progress), it's maybe not the biggest challenge i have in 2006.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com