.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Books & Articles I wrote.

Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Interfacing with Universities

Today i was pointed to Interface, a new project to try and link industry with the Universities better.

It is a great idea and similar in concept to something i discussed last year.

I’d like to be able to tap into this expertise when I have a specific problem or have one or my “research buddies” I can talk with.

For example, I have read a lot on algorithms related to a specific task I am working on just now. Now, I can understand most of what it being said, but my maths is not good enough to really go into detail and develop specific algorithms for my tasks (nor do I have the time). I would be ideal to buddy up with someone in universities with similar interests who you can work with. I know this happens more formally in graduate summer projects and post grad projects within industry (that’s what I did), but how I, as a start-up, could tap into people is beyond me.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and hopefully it will help startups as well as bigger industry.

So we need IUniversity with IStartUp :: IUniversity and IEstablished :: IUniversity.
Start coding.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com