.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Books & Articles I wrote.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

Capturing Ideas and the next big thing

I'm afraid i'm one of those peolpe who can't do without the following:

a. A notepad in my pocket (no matter where i am)
b. A zillion sheets of paper with diagrams (randomly ordered)
c. A whiteboard

It is (c) that i really love. The problem is that once you've scribbled things down, you need to store them somewhere (and no, i don't have a fancy electronic whiteboard). So i decided to use my phone camera to caputure images of what i have written and just store them within my project. So that means i can now easily caputure the "next big thing", as shown below.















Things to watch however:

1. Make sure you test it ot first. My camera resolution is pretty hopless and you don't often get what you see on the screen!

2. Write (quite) big. I have a tendency to write very small text when i have an idea and don't want to miss out. You can't do that when using a phone camara as it's very unlikely to show up. So write down, capture, save and continue.

3. Name and order your files. You need to know what your thought process was.

Maybe I should get a better camera at some point, but this one does me find just now - so long as i know its limitations!

I'm sure there are a load of people doing this kind of thing, so let me know how you do it!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com